Mikumi National Park
Mikumi National Park abuts the northern border of Africa’s biggest game reserve the Selous – and is transected by the surfaced road between Dar es Salaam and Mbeya through Iringa. It is thus the most accessible part of a 75,000 square kilometre (47,000 square mile) tract of wilderness that stretches east almost as far as the Indian Ocean. The open horizons and abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain, the popular center piece of Mikumi, draw frequent comparisons to the more famous Serengeti Plains. Lions survey their grassy kingdom – and the zebra, wildebeest, impala and buffalo herds that migrate across it – from the flattened tops of termite mounds, or sometimes, during the rains, from perches high in the trees. Giraffes forage in the isolated acacia stands that fringe the Mkata River, islets of shade favored also by Mikumi’s elephants.
This is the end of our “”
Thank you for your interest to our programs. We hope that you will use the form below to book your safari with New SunSet Budget Safaris and Travel
Note: We can customize this program to carter your budget and safari expectations
- National park entrance fees.
- Full board accommodation on tour
- Service of an English speaking driver guide
- Transport based on an excellent 4*4 Vehicle rebuilt for Safari
- Game drives as per the Itinerary
- Complementary bottle of water the first and second day
- Government taxes
- International flights
- Transport outside the itinerary schedule
- Departure taxes
- Tips to drivers (highly recommended)
- Visa, Travel Insurance (we can help arrange of them)
- Expenditures of personal nature like drinks, telephone, laundry, Internet etc.