The 3 day trip to lake Eyasi is an amazing trip and an ideal one for cultural tour enthusiasts. The trip offers hadzabe indigenous tribe cultural interactions like hunting and other cultural exchange. Hadzabe are typical hunters and gatherers for honey and insects in the bush just like bushmen in kalahari desert and in other territories of Botswana, Namibia, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and South Africa.
Lake Eyasi is an endorheic salt-lake on the floor of the East Africa Great Rift Valley at the base of the Serengeti Plateau and just south of the Serengeti National Park and proximately southwest of the Ngorongoro Crater located in Arusha region, north of Tanzania.
The lake is seasonal, elongated, orientated southwest to northeast, and lies in the Eyasi-Wembere branch of the Great Rift Valley. During the dry season the lake may dry up almost entirely, especially in drier years, so that Datooga herders and Hadza foragers will cross the lake on foot, but in heavy rains years it may flood its banks and attract hippopotamus from the Serengeti. It is a seasonal stop for migrating flamingos.
Itinerary Description by Day
Day 1: Arrive in Tanzania and transfer to the Hotel
- Arrive in Tanzania via Kilimanjaro International airport or Kenya
- You will be met and greeted by our driver guide and assisted through customs and immigration formalities.
- Thereafter, drive to the booked hotel.
- After shower, will be briefed about the whole trip
- Dinner and rest
Day 2: Arusha to Lake Eyasi (6hrs) plus Lake Eyasi Hiking
- Wake up early in the morning for breakfast and transfer to Lake Eyasi
- Lunch at Tindiga tented camp
- Walking around lake eyasi shores to see different species of birds and fishing activities – Exploring the Lake – if visited during dry season, walking through the dried lake and the bush
Day 3: Visit Hadzabe and Datoga Local People and Special Places
- Wake up early in the morning for breakfast
- Visit either one or more than one of the local homes, churches, market, schools, chat with local people, take pictures etc
- Visit onion plantations,
- Walking around the village to see local drinks,
- Visit hot spring.
- Drive back to Arusha in the afternoon
This is the end of our “”
Thank you for your interest to our programs. We hope that you will use the form below to book your safari with New SunSet Budget Safaris and Travel
Note: We can customize this program to carter your budget and safari expectations